KickPress adds a simple user interface to the WordPress admin for adding and managing custom post types. KickPress creates a new custom post type by default called “Post Types” and any new post added to that post type is automatically added to the admin sidebar as a new post type.
- After installing KickPress a new admin menu item is available in the admin toolbar called “Post Types”
- Add a new post with the title of “People” and save the post.
- After adding the new “Post Type” with the title of “People” to your site, a new admin menu item is installed called “People” and it appears just below the “Post Types” admin menu item.
- Try adding a new post to with the title of “John Doe” to the newly created custom post type “People”
- Navigate to the your sites newly created custom post type by visiting http://your-site-name.com/people/ and visit your newly created post by visiting http://your-site-name/people/john-doe/